September 08, 2019 – Today is renovation day 100. A milestone? Anyway, we continued the exterior wall demo in front of the bathroom. Late in the day I was able to start the roof framing in porch section 3. It was a pretty good day.
There is no more wood rot in the front wall! This morning Ryan and Robrandi removed the siding from the exterior wall in front of the bathroom. All of the oak planking in this area looks good. The last section, along the back bedroom was repaired way back in June of 2018.
I forgot that the deck spans as we near the back bedroom are slightly greater than 8 feet. One is 8′-8″ and the next is like 8′-4″. I previously purchased 8 foot long 2×10’s to use in the porch beam construction. Obviously they are short and won’t work. While Robrandi and Ryan headed to out to get me some longer boards I continued the exterior wall demo along the bathroom.
When my team returned with the longer 2×10’s I built the next two porch beams. We installed them atop the next set of posts, plumbed them up, braced them off and called it a day. Next weekend I’ll start the porch ceiling joists and solid blocking.